How to become a social media manager without experience
Are you interested in becoming a social media marketer? Are you looking for ways to leverage your digital marketing skills and make money online? If so, then this blog post is for you! We’ll cover the basics of becoming a successful social media marketer and provide tips on how to get started.
Understand Your Brand
With social media marketing, it is important to understand your brand and what you are trying to accomplish. Creating an effective strategy starts with understanding who you are and who your target audience is. This helps you create content that resonates with the right people and attracts them to your brand.
It’s also important to identify which social media platforms will be most effective for reaching your target audience. Each platform has its own strengths and weaknesses, so researching each one can help you determine which one works best for your business.
Best example is LinkedIn platform and TikTok platform. Professionals and Job seekers hang-out in LinkedIn because that's W
hat WHO the platform is made for. If you post jokes and irrelevant content in LinkedIn, you might find yourself in an uncomfortable situation of getting 0 interaction from everyone.
While TikTok is more on short striking video content for various kinds of people.
You also need to decide what kind of content you want to put out on social media. This can include blog posts, videos, images, or even live streams. It all depends on what works best for your brand, so make sure you have a plan before getting started.
Finally, it’s essential that you measure the results of your social media efforts in order to understand if they are working or not. Analyzing data such as engagement rates and click-through rates can help you make informed decisions about how to improve your strategy over time in order to get better results from social media marketing.
Create a Social Media Strategy
If you are looking to create a successful social media strategy and maximize your reach, then you are in the right path reading this article. Because with the right approach, it’s possible to take advantage of all the benefits that social media has to offer. Here are some key steps you can take to create an effective and successful social media strategy.
1. Define Your Goals: Before you do anything else, it’s important to determine what kind of results you want from your efforts. Ask yourself what types of objectives and goals you have in mind for your social media campaigns. This will help guide your strategies moving forward and give you a better idea of what success looks like for your business. Use the S.M.A.R.T. framework to create your goal.
S for Specific
M for Measurable
A for Achievable
R for Relevant
T for Time-bound
Example of a SMART goal: 1M revenue by the end of 2023.
Specific = 1M revenue
Measurable = Yes. 1M revenue is the indicator and measurement. Example of Not Measurable goal = I want to earn a lot of money by end of 2023.
Achievable = Is it even achievable based on previous data? Did someone else completed it already?
Relevant = Is your goal relevant to your objective as a business?
Timebound = End of 2023. So the timeframe is definite.
Ready to create your own SMART goal now?
2. Identify Your Target Audience: Knowing who your target audience is will make it easier for you to craft content that resonates with them and tailor messages specifically for them. Take the time to study their interests, habits, needs, and preferences so that you can better understand how they interact with different platforms and develop content accordingly. You can use a template called the Ideal Customer Persona (I.C.P) to define the perfect customer that you want to work/sell with.
3. Choose Platforms That Suit Your Needs: Like what we learned earlier, not all platforms are created equal when it comes to marketing potential, so choose those that best suit your needs the most – whether it’s Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn or another platform altogether – based on their user demographics as well as their features and capabilities in relation to what you want out of them.
Different platforms have different sets of users so it’s important to consider which ones are most relevant for your business. For example, if you’re targeting young adults, then Instagram or Snapchat may be more effective than Twitter or LinkedIn.
4. Start creating quality content: Once you’ve chosen which platforms work best for marketing purposes, start creating quality content catered towards your target audience's interests and needs on each one regularly – this will help build relationships with potential customers over time as well as increase brand awareness more quickly than other forms of marketing would be able to do alone!
Establish Your Presence on your chosen platforms
It is important to create an effective presence on 2-3 different platforms ONLY, in order to reach your target audience and build successful relationships. Having more will make it hard for you to focus on your objective and target. So that's why it is really important that you do your research on where potential customers hang-out.
Now that you have identified the 3 right platforms, you need to set up accounts on each one and design a profile that accurately represents your brand identity. This includes choosing a username, profile picture, and writing a concise bio that outlines what makes you unique.
An example of a bio statement could be:
I help (who do you want to help Ex. Startups or Photographers) (what result do they want? Ex. book/get more clients) by (how do they get this? Ex. Using my 5 steps strategy) (what they do not want to happen Ex. without wasting too much money on paid advertisement)
So your bio statement should look like this:
"I help photographers book more clients by using my 5 steps strategy without paying FB Ads."
I just hope that you make sure that you really do have that 5 steps strategy in place, before claiming that bio statement :) You get the idea right? :)
If you need help in crafting your bio statement, you can head on to Digital Pinoys storefront at https://shop.digitalpinoys.com and download our most used and effective limbic statements PDF file, that will surely strike and connect with like-minded people.
Moving on, now that you have your shining and shimmering bio statement, and you now know how to create content using the tools we provided, it's not time to start creating quality content on your OWN profile. Yes you read that right!!
You first client is yourself because you are also a business. When you treat yourself as a business first, you will do everything to give result and that's the key to your starting journey as a social media manager.
Analyze Your Results and Adjust Your Strategy
Analyzing your results and adjusting your strategy is an essential step in any successful social media marketing plan. By understanding the performance of your campaigns, you can make informed decisions about how to improve them for better results.
The first step is to set clear objectives and goals for your social media campaigns. This will help you measure success and track progress over time. Once you’ve identified what success looks like, you can create a plan to achieve it.
Example: Our objective is to grow our Facebook Page social following by 1,000 within the next 2weeks.
What you will normally do is to:
1. Craft a hefty amount of content ~ using the tools we mentioned above.
2. Post it in your Facebook Page or personal profile
3. Share it to relevant Groups or Community. OR you can use Paid Ads to get your content to a broader audience outside your network.
4. See how many will AGREE or engage with your idea/content.
Don't be afraid to get 0 interactions at first. Random people don't engage at first. But when they notice your consistency, it's either they really like your content or NOT.
So, that's the time that you need to recalibrate your content type and try a new one.
You just need to understand and appreciate peoples interests, habits, and needs so that you can create content that resonates with them.
When analyzing the success of a campaign, look at both the quantitative data (such as engagement rates or website traffic) as well as qualitative data (such as comments or feedback). This will give you an overall picture of how effective the campaign has been in reaching its goals.
You can use the native Insights reporting tool in Facebook to get a clear overview of your efforts and campaign.
Once you have analyzed the results of a campaign, use this information to adjust existing strategies or create new ones based on what has worked successfully in the past.
For example, if one type of content performs better than another, consider creating more content similar to it in future campaigns.
Congratulations! You are now on your first part of becoming a Social Media Manager! I know there's a lot of work to do and understand but perseverance and attitude will play a big role to become successful in this field.
Digital Pinoys offers short free courses on how to create beautiful contents like photos and videos that will definite help you jumpstart your knowledge and career.
Visit www.digitalpinoys.com/courses now!