4 Ways to Use Photography in your Digital Marketing : A blog about how to use photography in digital marketing
Before anything else: How can photography be used in digital marketing?
It's no secret that photos are a powerful tool in digital marketing. After all, a picture is worth a thousand words. But what many marketers don't realize is that there are different ways to use photography to reach and engage your audience.
Photography is a powerful tool that can be used in many different ways to support your digital marketing efforts. There's lot of ways you can use photography to engage your audience and promote your business and some are just samples below:
- Use high-quality images on your website and in your online advertising.
- Use visuals to tell a story on social media.
- Use behind-the-scenes photos and videos to give your audience a look at what goes into running your business.
- Use customer photos and testimonials to show the impact of your products or services.
Number 1: Photography as a means of building a brand
In a world where social media is king, it’s important to make sure that your brand has a strong visual identity. This is where photography comes in. MyDerm ~ a skin care company in Sumulong recently rebranded, and part of that process was developing a new visual identity. We started by creating a mood board of images that represented the feeling we wanted our brand to evoke. Once we had a general direction, JFagela Photography helped capture the essence of the new brand.
They spent a day shooting different scenarios that would be used across our various digital channels. The end result was a set of images that we could use on our website, social media, and marketing materials.
Here are four ways you can use photography to build your brand:
- Website – The first impression potential clients have of your business will likely be through your website. Make sure you have high-quality, professional photos that accurately represent your brand on your website.
- Social media – Social media is all about visuals, so good photos are a must! Post photos that represent the feeling you want your brand to evoke. You can also use behind-the-scenes photos to give your followers a “sneak peek” into what goes on at your company.
- Marketing materials – Incorporating photography into your marketing materials (e.g., business cards, brochures, etc.) is an excellent way to make them more memorable and visually appealing.
- Email campaigns – Adding images to your email campaigns can make them more eye-catching and successful. People are more likely to open an email if it has an interesting image, so including photos in your emails can help boost open rates and click-through rates."
Number 2: Photography as a tool for content marketing
Content marketing is one of the most effective uses for photography, as it allows you to create engaging and visually appealing content that can be shared across social media, your website, and other channels.
There are many different ways you can use photography for content marketing, and we’ve outlined four of the most effective methods below.
- Use photos to show off your products or services.
- If you’re selling physical products, then high-quality product photos are essential for convincing customers to make a purchase. But even if you’re not selling products, you can still use photos to show off your services in a visual way. For example, if you’re a graphic designer, you could use before-and-after shots of your work to show off the transformation you’ve made for clients.
- Use photos to tell a story.
- Storytelling is one of the most powerful tools in marketing, and photos are the perfect way to tell a story about your brand. You could use photos to tell the story of how your business started, or the story of a customer who has had a great experience with your company. You could even use photos to show off the people behind your business – this is especially effective if you’re selling a service as it helps customers to see who they’ll be working with.
- Use photos to create shareable content.
- One of the great things about using photography for content marketing is that it allows you to create shareable content that can be repurposed across different channels. For example, if you take some great shots at an industry event, you could use them on social media, in blog posts, and even in email newsletters. This helps you to get more bang for your buck from your photography investment.
- Use photos to humanize your brand.
- In today’s digital world, it’s easy for businesses to feel impersonal and faceless. But by using photography in your content marketing, you can help humanize your brand and make customers feel more connected to your company. This could involve using shots of real people (customers or employees),or simply taking pictures that capture the emotions associated with your brand (such as happiness, excitement, or relaxation).
Number 3: Photography for lead generation
Photography can be a great asset for your digital marketing campaigns, especially when it comes to lead generation. By using high-quality photos, you can capture the attention of potential customers and encourage them to learn more about your products or services. There are a few different ways that you can use photography for lead generation, including:
- Hook to stop the scroll on people's newsfeeds.
- Use before-and-after photos to show the results of your work.
- Highlight customer testimonials with photos and videos.
Number 4: Photography for sales
Sales photos are different than product or lifestyle photos. They tend to be more close-up and focused on the product itself. The idea is to show the potential customer what they would be getting if they made a purchase. Sales photos are often used in online stores or on product pages. They can also be used in email marketing campaigns and social media posts to highlight special deals or promotions.
How much will it cost your business to hire a professional photography team?
The cost of hiring a professional photography team can be quite expensive. It all depends on how many hours you need them for and the number of people/products your business wants to shoot. The average rate in Philippines is about Php5,000 an hour, which means if you need 10 hours worth of work done it will cost around Php50,000 to hire someone to do that. One of the best Photography team is JFagela Photography. On top of being a seasoned photography team, they are heavily experienced Digital Marketers that's why they understand businesses, their objective and what type of output to give them.
Alternative ways to get high-quality photography for your business
It's understandable that as a Start-up entrepreneur, the budget can be a really big road block when it comes to creating super high-quality content for your business. But the good thing about this is, almost all people have their smart mobile phones and this is a really good alternative to hiring professional photographers “FOR NOW”. You just need to understand the basics and simple techniques in taking photographs regardless if you are selling a product or a service.
This is where Digital Pinoys shine through. We offer courses that you can take for FREE and in short time, you will be able to achieve good quality output that you can use for your product or service. You can head on to www.digitalpinoys.com to start learning!